It was the summer of 2003. I had used all my savings to attend my first spiritual seminar. The confirmation letter arrived the following week. As I read it, my excitement quickly turned into dread. All attendees were required to give at least one angel card reading before the seminar! I was too afraid to ask my friends for fear of disappointing them and embarrassing myself.
While driving to work the next morning, Archangel Michael appeared in the passenger seat. Then it hit me: why don’t I practice on Michael? I told Michael about the seminar and asked if he wouldn’t mind me doing a reading for him. He was amused, to say the least, and graciously accepted my offer. I made plans to set aside a special time and place where we would not be disturbed.
That weekend, I placed fresh flowers, crystals, candles and incense on my angel altar. With soft music playing in the background, I asked the Angelic Realm to clear and bless the sacred space for Michael’s reading. I opened Doreen Virtue’s “Messages from Your Angels” oracle cards and was strongly nudged to do the Life Purpose Spread. Five cards would be randomly picked to answer five questions:
- What you’ve learned in the past
- What you are learning now
- What steps to take right now
- How can you best help others
- Your life’s purpose
I called in Archangel Michael and immediately felt him beside me. Knowing his keen sense of humor, I immediately laid out the ground rules: no sudden gusts of wind blowing the cards over, no distractions and no picking your own cards. He agreed. Then I asked the Creator to bless us as well. At that moment, I felt a higher vibration come in from above. I asked Michael who it was and he answered “the Creator”. My heart started to race. The pressure around my head was immense. Then I was told that the Creator would choose the cards for Beloved Michael. I felt Michael’s vibration go completely still.
Nervously, I told the Creator this was my first time doing a reading. I asked that I be given a very clear sign of when I should stop shuffling the cards. A sign that I could not miss. I divided the cards in half but as I attempted to shuffle them, they would not go in.
I was then guided to pick five cards from the stack in my right hand and lay them face down. As I placed the last card on the altar, the pressure around my head lifted and a beautiful calmness filled me. I turned over each card and was amazed at what I saw! Below is Michael’s reading:
- What you’ve learned in the past ~ Grace and Antoinette: “To help heal this situation, see the other person’s point of view with compassion”
- What you are learning now ~ Astara: “You deserve the best! Reach for the stars with your dreams and desires, and don’t compromise”
- What steps to take right now ~ Mystique: “Keep charging ahead and don’t take no for an answer. Expect miraculous solutions to appear”
- How can you best help others ~ Akasha: “You are a spiritual teacher. You have the ability to counsel others and help them awaken their spiritual gifts and Divine life mission”
- Your life’s purpose ~ Omega: “Victory! Your desire is coming to fruition. Keep up the good work!”
Michael’s vibration returned with full force and filled every corner of the room. I jumped for joy at the accolades he had received from the Creator! Who would have thought that an angel card reading would evolve into a celestial job performance review? I posted my card reading onto the Angel Message Board. One lady responded saying, “Arielle, how did you ever come up with such a clever idea? Imagine – an angel card reading for an angel!” “Must have been my lucky day” I replied as Michael gave me a wink.